This IELTS listening test part 4 practice provides you with the chance to improve your skills for the final section of the test.
Section 4 is the most difficult part of the listening test.
It will be a talk or lecture by one person and unlike the other sections of the listening test, there is no break in the middle.
You therefore need to concentrate very carefully to score some points in this part.
Below are some IELTS listening tips to help you in the test.
IELTS Listening Test Part 4 Practice
Complete the sentences below
Write ONE WORD ONLY for each answer
31. Indian Railways is owned and
by the government of India.
32. There are more than million people working for Indian Railways
33. The of the railways from 1857 occurred under Robert Maitland Brereton.
34. The joining of the East Indian Railway with the Great Indian Peninsula Railway led to a network of kilometres.
35. The route from Bombay to Calcutta, opened in 1870, was an
for the book Around the World in 80 days.
Complete the table below
Write NO MORE THAN TWO WORDS for each answer
The network radiated inward from (36) , Madras, and Calcutta
It was not long before various independent kingdoms had their own (37) .
When the war finished the railways were suffering from (38) and
Between 1920 and 1929, the railways had a (39) of around £687 million
The rolling stock that was moved to the Middle East included locomotives and (40) .
31. operated 32. 1.4 33. expansion 34. 6400 / 6,400 35. inspiration 36. Bombay 37. rail(way) systems 38. disrepair / collapse (IN ANY ORDER) 39. capital value 40. coaches
Download Listening Script
Home › IELTS Listening Tests › Test 2 (Section 4)