This IELTS sample speaking test is on the topic of education.
Time: 4-5 minutes
Now, in this first part of the test I'm going to ask you some questions about yourself.
Lets talk about shopping.
- Do you enjoy shopping?
- How often do you go shopping and what do you buy?
- So you prefer to go shopping alone or with other people? (Why?)
I’d like to move on and ask you some questions about food.
- What is you favourite food? (Why?)
- What kind of restaurants do you like to eat out at?
- What would your perfect meal be?
I'd like to talk now about your hobbies.
- Tell me about any hobbies you have.
- Are there any hobbies you would like to have in the future?
- Do you think hobbies should be relaxing or should they be exciting? (Why?)
Time: 3-4 minutes
Now, I'm going to give you a topic and I'd like you to talk about it for 1-2 minutes.
Before you talk you'll have one minute to think about what you are going to say and you can make notes if you wish. Do you understand?
Ok, here's some paper and a pencil to make notes, and here is your topic. I'd like you to describe something you own which is very important to you.
Describe a course you have done that you found useful:
You should say:
- What you learnt
- What you enjoyed about the course
- What you didn't enjoy
And explain why it was useful to you.
Follow up questions:
- Are you in touch with anyone from the course now?
- Would you like to go on a course like this again?
Time: 4-5 minutes
We've been talking about a course you have done that you found useful and I'd now like to ask you some questions related to this.
First, lets consider homework..
- Do you think it is important that children are given homework?
- How much homework should they be given?
- Do you think parents should help their children with their homework or should it be done alone?
Now we'll discuss the relationship between education and work.
- How important is it to have a university education to get a job in your country?
- Does having a degree from another country enhance employment opportunities in your country?
- What impacts do students who have studies abroad have on their country of origin when they come home?
Thank you. That is the end of the speaking test for IELTS.