Time: 4-5 minutes
Now, in this first part of the test I'm going to ask you some questions about yourself.
First I'd like to ask some questions about your family.
- Do you have a large or small family?
- How much time do you spend with members of your family?
- What sort of things do you like to do together?
Now let's move on to talk about food.
- What kind of food do you like?
- What are some of the typical foods in your country?
- In your country, do men or women have the main responsibility for cooking?
Let’s talk about where you live.
- Tell me about the house or apartment you live in.
- What are some of the bad things about living there?
- What kind of place would you like to have in the future?
Time: 3-4 minutes
Now, I'm going to give you a topic and I'd like you to talk about it for 1-2 minutes.
Before you talk you'll have one minute to think about what you are going to say and you can make notes if you wish. Do you understand?
Ok, here's some paper and a pencil to make notes, and here is your topic. I'd like you to describe a teacher who has influenced you in your education.
|Describe a teacher who has influenced you in your education.
You should say:
Where you met them
What subject they taught
What was special about them
And explain why this person influenced you so much.
Follow up questions:
- Do other people you know remember this teacher?
- Do you still see this teacher?
Time: 4-5 minutes
We've been talking about an a teacher that has influenced you, and I'd now like to ask you some questions related to this.
First, lets consider different styles of teaching and learning.
- What method of learning works best for you?
- How beneficial do you think it is to group students according to their ability?
- What qualities does a good teacher require?
Now we'll look at developments in education.
- Has education in your country changed in the last 10 years?
- What changes do you think will happen in the future?
- What changes would you recommend to improve the education system?
Now let's look at the national education system.
- How do the ambitions of current school leavers compare with those of the previous generation?
- What role do you think extracurricular activities play in education?
- What is the role of the school in modern society?
Thank you. That is the end of the IELTS speaking test.