Some dos and don'ts for the IELTS General Training exam
by Anish Goel
Appeared for ielts general test this week. Some do's and dont's
1. Don't expect general questions in speaking that you have seen before. No matter how many samples you look at and practice the actual test is gonna be different. So actual practice is gonna help.
2. Ask someone to help you with speaking section.
3. Reading section was quite lengthy inspite of practicing so many timesI was not able to complete it in time.
4. You will hardly get any time for checking your answers.
5. Reading samples for writing task helps a lot so read as many as you can from different sites.
6. On LRW test day reach the center on time and enter the hall after going to the washroom. Once you are in, you won't be able to get up from the chair for at least for 2.5 hours
7. Practice plenty of sample exams and then find out your weak sections. Prepare them thoroughly.
8. Section 3 of listening and reading are quite difficult so practice them with timing.
9. There is no break in the LRW which lasts for almost 4.5 hour including registration. So have meal before accordingly.
10. If you do not get a part in the listening section, forget about it and move ahead.
Band 7+ eBooks
"I think these eBooks are FANTASTIC!!! I know that's not academic language, but it's the truth!"
Linda, from Italy, Scored Band 7.5
View the eBooks
You may also be interested in: