This is an IELTS Listening Practice Test for Section 4 of the module.
Questions 31 - 36
Choose the correct letter, A, B, or C.
31. During the first week of term, students are invited to
A be shown round the library by the librarian
B listen to descriptions of library resources
C do an intensive course in the computer centre
32. The speaker warns the students that
A internet materials can be unreliable
B downloaded information must be acknowledged
C computer access may be limited at times
33. The library is acquiring more CDs as a resource because
A they are a cheap source of information
B they take up very little space
C they are more up-to-date than the reference books
34. Students are encouraged to use journals online because
A the articles do not need to be returned to the shelves
B reading online is cheaper than photocopying articles
C the stock of printed articles is to be reduced
35. Why might some students continue to use reference books?
A they can be taken away from the library
B they provide information unavailable elsewhere
C they can be borrowed for an extended loan period
36. What is the responsibility of the Training Supervisor?
A to supervise and support library staff
B to provide orientation to the library facilities
C to identify needs and inform section managers
Questions 37 - 40
Which section of the university will help postgraduate students with their dissertation in the following ways?
Write the correct letter, A, B, or C, next to questions 37-40.
37. training in specialised computer programs
38. advising on bibliography presentation
39. checking the draft of the dissertation
40. providing language support
If you have taken all four sections of the test, you can convert your raw score to a listening band with our IELTS Band Score Calculator
"I think these eBooks are FANTASTIC!!! I know that's not academic language, but it's the truth!"
Linda, from Italy, Scored Band 7.5